The following is a brief statement of our faith:
We hold to the
London Confession of Faith of 1689
as the fullest expression of our faith.
The articles of faith for the church are listed in the
church covenant from 1842.
The church constitution can be found here.
- We believe the whole Bible to be the verbally inspired and infallible Word of God, the only sufficient rule of faith and practice.
- We believe that the chief end of man is to glorify his Creator, Who exists in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - and these three persons are one God.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, vicariously placed Himself under the law and became obedient even unto the death of the cross, fulfilling the law for His people and atoning for their sin. He thereby purchased His church that they should be a holy people. He arose from the dead and ascended into heaven, where He continues to minister to His people as their prophet, priest and king.
- We believe that man is by nature dead in sin and must be born again by the Holy Spirit. Salvation is by grace through faith. Saving faith is the embracing of Christ as Lord and Savior, turning from sin to serve the living God, and this faith is the gift of God.
- We believe that Christ will come again, that all men will be bodily resurrected, and that Christ will judge all men. Those that have not obeyed the gospel shall be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord; while those who by grace have obeyed the gospel shall inherit the kingdom prepared for them from the foundation of the world and shall ever be with the Lord. Until the day of His appearing, it is incumbent upon us to live in all purity as strangers and pilgrims in this world, holding forth the Word of life, that others may be brought to a saving knowledge of our God.